The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) is recruiting a full-time development manager.
The development manager is a vital part of NASAA's advancement team, responsible for managing the annual fund, helping to develop corporate and foundation relationships and supporting broader fundraising activities. This position also handles the systems and procedures used to manage data about NASAA's donors. The development manager is responsible for increasing individual contributions to NASAA; helping to expand corporate and foundation support; and managing cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship functions.
NASAA's development manager position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in fundraising, philanthropy, relationship management, nonprofit organizations, and the arts or humanities.
- Manages individual giving via NASAA's annual fund
- Helps with corporate, foundation and government fundraising
- Tracks and secures in-kind contributions
- Conducts prospect research
- Manages donor database
- Administers national leadership awards program
- Supports NASAA's Development Committee
- Plans and supports donor recognition activities and other special events
The development manager serves as part of a fundraising team that includes NASAA's chief advancement officer and NASAA's CEO.
- bachelor's degree
- 3+ years fundraising experience
- superior written and verbal communication skills
- fluency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook (PowerPoint a plus)
- experience with databases and/or other donor management system
- keen eye for detail
- strong organizational and member/customer service skills
- ability to interact with and relate well to others
- able to both work collaboratively and take initiative
- experience with on-line fundraising
- flair for donor communications
- tech savvy with good quantitative IQ
- familiarity with iMIS
- flexible, positive attitude, discreet, growth oriented, good listener
An interest in the arts, state government or associations is a plus, as is experience working in a member-driven or client-centered organization.
The development manager is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position including benefits. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.
Apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using "Development Manager" as the subject line. All applications must include:
- a letter describing your interest in the position and noting where you found this job announcement
- a résumé
- one writing sample demonstrating your ability to communicate persuasively and clearly
Up to two additional work samples demonstrating your fundraising writing skills also may be submitted. Please apply by September 30. Do not apply via fax, phone call or snail mail.
NASAA is dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes, respects and values people of all races, colors, ages, genders, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, creeds, ancestries, national origins, disabilities and veteran statuses. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.