The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) is recruiting a full-time research associate.
The research associate is a vital part of NASAA's research team, responsible for conducting surveys, managing and analyzing quantitative data and communicating the findings. Primary audiences for the information include NASAA staff, state arts agencies, the National Endowment for the Arts and the public. Major areas of focus for this position include state arts agency budgets and revenues, state arts agency staffing and compensation, and membership opinion polls. Core to the research associate's responsibilities is the visual communication of data to promote broader understanding of state arts agencies.
NASAA's research associate position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in research, public policy, data visualization, the social sciences, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector, as well as the arts or humanities.
- administering surveys
- collecting and verifying data
- developing and populating databases
- tabulating results and analyzing trends
- designing charts, maps, presentations, fact sheets and interactive data visualizations that illustrate research findings
- writing narrative reports and summary articles
- responding to information requests
- maintaining clearinghouse and archival materials
- contributing to team projects
The research associate will serve as part of a research team that includes a research director, two associates, a manager, and NASAA's chief program and planning officer.
- bachelor's degree
- prior experience with quantitative data analysis methods, research techniques and survey design
- fluency with spreadsheet and database programs
- superior written and verbal communication skills
- fluency with Microsoft Office products
- keen attention to detail
- ability to keep complex data sets and information collections systematically organized
- commitment to member service and teamwork
- experience with Tableau or other software to create data visualizations
- experience using on-line survey software
- experience with statistical analysis software such as R, STATA or SPSS
An interest in the arts, state government or associations is a plus, as is experience working in a member-driven or client-centered organization.
The research associate is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position including benefits. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Apply via e-mail to email@example.com using "Research Associate Search" as the subject line. All applications must include:
- a letter describing your interest in the position and noting where you found this job announcement
- a résumé
- one writing sample demonstrating your ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly
Up to two additional work samples demonstrating your layout/design skills also may be submitted. For best consideration apply before July 1. Do not apply via fax, phone call or hard copy. NASAA is an equal opportunity employer.